Friday, May 3, 2013

Wandering


For as long as I can remember, I've always had this deep desire to experience what the world has to offer. I've longed to travel overseas, immerse myself in new cultures, and just experience life in ways that I'm not accustomed to. Despite these longings and desires, I still find myself planted in one place, investing in my career, rooting myself in the local church, and building a home and life here with my husband. I know there's nothing wrong with that - it's just so far from what I envisioned for my life at this point.

That's not to say we won't travel at some point in our life. And by travel, I don't mean going down to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico for the week. I mean dedicating a good chunk of time towards living in other countries and truly experiencing new cultures and ways of life. Who knows when that time will come but, for now, I really am satisfied with where we are right now.

This summer, we're going to start feeding that traveling bug a bit with a road trip out to Eastern Canada. I know it's not a month-long trip to Europe or anything, but it's a start. And there's definitely a distinct culture in the Maritime provinces that I can't wait to discover. I just couldn't be more excited to spend a week with the hubs driving around to places we've never been, visiting friends I haven't seen in years, and just enjoying the slow-paced and peaceful worlds of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and PEI.

I'll be blogging more about the trip more once the date approaches and we've actually made some solid plans. For now, I'll just stick to day dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment