Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Say Cheese!

Big news! We bought a new camera! I've been wanting a DSLR for about 5 years now but I could never bring myself to spend the money. Since then, prices have dropped incredibly, and they have a lot of great beginner-type cameras that still have all of the advanced features and functionalities you would want in your DSLR. I recieved the push I needed to make the purchase this past summer - as a wedding gift, our entire wedding party pooled together and gave us some money to go towards the camera. We ended up getting the Canon EOS Rebel T3i - isn't it just beautiful?


While I realize I have no idea what to do with half of the buttons on the camera, I'm really excited to learn and pick up this hobby. It also doesn't hurt to have a sister-in-law studying photography in University. One of the main reasons I wanted a DSLR in the first place was so that, when Matt and I have children down the road, we'll be able to document their lives through photography and videography. Since I don't quite have the patience for scrap-booking, I came up with the idea of doing a yearly photo-book that acts as a sort of "year-in-review" for our family. It's such an easy way to record memories as the years go by, and it's something we will always have to look back on as we get older.

Right now I'm in the process of finishing up a photo-book with all of our wedding photos - it's going to be the first in our life-long series. In terms of which program to use, I've had a really positive experience using MyPublisher. It's extremely user-friendly and easy-to-use and, while it's slightly on the expensive side, they have great deals happening all the time on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment