Thursday, May 16, 2013

Little Bits of Sunshine: Part 1


We've got quite the summer mapped out! The hubs and I are taking full advantage of being newly married and free from a lot of heavy responsibility by going on little weekend adventures a couple times each month. First up? Montreal!

I've been meaning to visit Montreal for a long time now. Both of my parents were born there and my grandparents on my dad's side, along with some other family, still live there. It's been YEARS since I've made it down to visit them - being in university can keep you pretty busy... Finally, with the long weekend coming up, we've planned to visit my grandparents in Île Bizard (an island near Montreal). We're going to be driving down tomorrow straight from work and spending some good old quality time catching up with them. 

We plan on visiting Old Montreal too while we're down there. Of all the years going down to Quebec with the fam jam, I've NEVER been. I've heard nothing but good things about the place - including that it's reminiscent of a quaint little town in Europe: cobblestone roads, old looming buildings, bustling with people, and a sense of quiet elegance about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment