Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Beginnings

It's hard to believe it's been almost two entire years since I last wrote anything on here. Looking through some of my older posts serves as such a powerful reminder of how much God has worked in my life over the past three years. Every once and a while I like to take a step back from everything and just marvel at where the Lord has brought me. I'll just be sitting on the couch watching a movie with my husband and this overwhelming feeling comes over me - it's like, "Whoa, we're married. Is this real life?"

The first two years of my relationship with Christ felt as though it was on fast-forward. Everything was just so new and exciting to me - the idea that God gave His son for me so that I could have life in Him was radical. My life began rapidly changing as a reflection of that truth and a passion was ignited in me that I had never before experienced. It's not that the passion is gone now - it's more like I've been taken off fast-forward mode. God hit the play button. I'm now beginning to learn what a daily, step-by-step walk with Christ looks like. Learning to rely less on my emotions and instead relying solely on solid biblical truth has been challenging for me. It's like the song "East to West" by Casting Crowns - "I can't live by what I feel, but by the truth your word reveals". That means stepping out in obedience regardless of whether I feel like it or not. It's been a learning process for me, but I'm claiming the promise that if I draw near to God, He will draw near to me (James 4:8).

I've been back and forth on whether to continue writing in this blog or just start another one altogether. At one point I had even started writing another one: thiswonderfulplace.blogspot.ca. In the end, I've decided to come back here. It's just such a cool testimony to how much the Lord can move in someone's life. I hope it can be an encouragement to you as much as it is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment