Friday, July 9, 2010

Daily Dose

Over the last few months, I've definitely realized the importance of reading God's word daily. Since I've started reading the Bible, so much has seemed to just click in place for me, and I can really feel myself getting closer to God. But, as awesome as that is, I find it's so easy to get swept up in everything that goes on in my daily life, and sometimes reading the Bible isn't forefront in my mind. Sometimes I feel "too tired" or "too busy" to take some time out of my day and spend it reading His word. I know it can be hard sometimes, but it shouldn't be like that.

So here's where the wonderful resources out there for us come into play! Through one of my various internet surfing sessions, I came across this awesome website that actually allows you to create a customized email Bible reading plan. The website is http://www.blogger.com/bibleplan.org and it's honestly been such a blessing! There are 13 Bible reading plans to choose from ranging from "Whole Bible in a Year" to "Gospels in a Month" so all you have to do is pick whichever one is best suited to you. They even have the option of reading the Bible chronologically which many people find helps them better understand the readings. Once you select which plan is right for you, just select which translation you want to receive the readings in, enter your email, and press subscribe! Voila! Now, every single morning you will be emailed the links to a few chapters from the Bible going in order from the moment you subscribe. The passages are sent using Bible Gateway which is another great resource that you've probably come across at one point or another.

It's great for me because I'm already in the routine of checking my emails every morning. Now, along with the daily devotionals I receive, I also read the passages from the Bible that were sent to me. They never send you too much to handle- takes about 5-10 minutes when all is said and done. I strongly recommend this website to anyone that is struggling to set aside time for the Bible each day. It's easy to do and quickly becomes part of your morning routine. 10 minutes to set aside for God each morning at work or at school, wherever you are, is very capable regardless of what kind of schedule you have. Once again, the website is http://www.blogger.com/bibleplan.org

And remember, a Bible that is falling apart is usually a good indication of a life that isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment