Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Welcome to Christian Chronicles!

I guess I should start with some form of introduction. My name is Stephanie, I am 20 years old, and I was saved by Christ three months ago. Since accepting Christ as my Lord and Saviour, my world has been completely shaken in a whirlwind of experiences, new friendships, new knowledge, and most importantly an awesome and constantly growing relationship with God.

Three months ago I can assure you that God crossed my mind only on occasion, when I could truly feel the need for Him in my life. However, since being saved I no longer call on Him on occasion. He consumes my thoughts. I was raised a Catholic and, although I was involved within the church and did various "Christian-like" things, it didn't hold true meaning to me. I realize now that I did those things because it was "good" because I was "supposed to". I didn't do it because of my crazy, obsessive love for God. I didn't do it because every fibre of my being wanted to submit entirely to His will. I was still blind then. But God opened my eyes to everything three months ago, and I thank Him everyday that He did because my life has been forever changed.

So what is the purpose of this blog? I've been learning so many awe-inspiring, amazing, fascinating, and interesting things over the past three months. I pray to God as often as I can with all my curiousities and questions as a new Christian. He has provided very satisfying answers to all of these questions and concerns through a wide variety of materials. I have read the Bible, read Christian books, searched the web, listened to sermons, and had discussions with various pastors, professors, and friends- all in a quest to have my questions answered. I have found amazing sources of information and inspiration during this search and I would like to share it all with you. So that is the purpose of this blog! I'll do all the digging and you just come here to read it! Crazy facts, interesting information, amazing stories of faith... anything you can think of! I hope that this blog catches your interest and helps to strengthen your faith. It's very comforting knowing that there is just a world of information out there with the sole purpose of glorifying our God and bringing us closer to Him.

It's just a matter of finding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment