Friday, August 23, 2013

And So Begins Our Adventure

road trip in a vintage bug.

In a matter of hours, my husband Matt and I will be hitting the road and embarking on a 10-day road-trip across the East Coast! This is the first time I've ever really done anything like this. Most of my family vacations growing up consisted of a week at the cottage or an all-inclusive resort on a beach. I guess you could say we weren't much of the adventurous-type (having 5 young kids can do that to you). So, now's the time! I'm going to blog here and there throughout my trip as a way to document our first road-trip together.

Here's a look at our timeline:

Friday: Montreal
Saturday: Bar Harbour, Maine
Sunday: Saint John, New Brunswick
Monday: Hopewell Cape, New Brunswick

Tuesday: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Wednesday: Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
Thursday: Ingonish on the Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia
Friday: Cheticamp on the Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia
Saturday: Summerside, Prince Edward Island
Sunday: Quebec City, Quebec 
Monday: Home!

Today we're spending the night in Montreal with my grandparents and then waking up early to get a head start on our drive to Bar Harbour in Maine! I'm looking forward to having some authentic local lobster at the pound across the street from our hotel. Praying for a safe and quick drive tonight with not too much traffic.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment